Duke women's tennis faces Princeton

After an uplifting victory against No. 2-ranked Florida last weekend, the No. 3 Blue Devils are back in action to take on Princeton Saturday at Sheffield Indoor Tennis Stadium.

Emotions are running high and the team is looking to the match as another opportunity to improve their game and hopefully secure their eighth overall season win.

The Blue Devils and the Tigers will meet for the 17th time in program history since their most recent encounter in 2009 when the Blue Devils swept 7-0.

“This is a team that we don’t see a lot of their players at tournaments,” head coach Jamie Ashworth said. “We’re not really familiar with their players or their program.”

The team is looking to keep doubles performance consistent and maintain the same amount of energy that it exhibited against Florida. The women hope to continue to execute the game plan and sustain their momentum as they prepare for six straight road matches.

“We’re worried more about ourselves than them,” Ashworth said. “We want to get better, and we want to keep working on things and keep developing our play. We’re more concerned with what we’re doing on the court.”

Although Duke is confident about the match, it will have to be on the lookout for the No. 85 ranked player in the nation, freshman Amanda Muliawan, who has combined with sophomore Lindsay Graff for a 9-1 overall singles record.

“Our goal is just to keep improving and keep getting better, and in the past 10 days, I think we’ve done that and I hope we will continue to do that,” Ashworth said.

Share and discuss “Duke women's tennis faces Princeton” on social media.