Duke women's basketball hosts top recruits

Duke women's basketball head coach Joanne P. McCallie will have the chance to make an impression on four recruits this weekend.

Much of the hype surrounding Countdown to Craziness this weekend centers on the four elite men’s basketball recruits visiting Duke for the festivities. But they will be joined by four of the top women’s basketball recruits, who will soak in some of the crazy Friday night.

Class of 2013 recruits Oderah Chidom and Kianna Holland will make their way down to Durham and will be joined by 2014 prospects Brianna Turner and Azura Stevens. Holland, a 5-foot-9 point guard and the No. 22 recruit in the nation according to ESPN, has already verbally committed to the Blue Devils, and is joined in the class by Rebecca Greenwell.

Chidom, the nation’s No. 10 recruit, is a 6-foot-3 forward from California touted for her ability to effortlessly run the floor and finish near the hoop. This will be her official visit.

But the gem of the weekend might be current high school junior Turner, the No. 2 recruit in her class. Another 6-foot-3 forward, she is visiting unofficially and is thought to have the highest upside in the class of 2014 due to her length, strength and speed.

Stevens, also making an unofficial visit, is the tallest of the players visiting at 6-foot-5, and is from nearby Cary, N.C.

Share and discuss “Duke women's basketball hosts top recruits” on social media.