The Baldwin Scholars endorse Wilson for Young Trustee

The Baldwin Scholars enthusiastically endorse Olly Wilson for the position of undergraduate Young Trustee. After meeting with all three candidates, all of whom were very impressive, we felt that Olly’s values and priorities were most aligned to those of our organization. The Baldwin Scholars are committed to supporting agents of change on campus who work to create a more inclusive environment for all. Olly has shown himself to be an advocate for social causes on campus through his work leading the Blue Devils United and the Triangle Collaboration Initiative. Moreover his leadership with the Council for Collaborative Action indicates his ability to unite campus leaders on pertinent social culture issues.

Beyond his social activism and commitment to improving our school, Olly has a very unique background. As an international student, he will bring an unprecedented perspective to the Board and will be committed to keeping abreast of the issues surrounding Duke’s global ventures. Furthermore, his background in the arts as co-editor of Latent Image is an attribute that is uncommon on the Board. Olly has shown himself to be a passionate and articulate candidate, and one who the Baldwin Scholars confidently endorse for Young Trustee.

Rewa Choudhary, Pratt ’12

Chair, The Baldwin Scholars

Share and discuss “The Baldwin Scholars endorse Wilson for Young Trustee” on social media.