Duke men's basketball's Cassius Stanley set to return from eye injury

Cassius Stanley missed Saturday's contest against Notre Dame.

After missing Saturday's contest against Notre Dame due to an eye injury sustained in pregame warmups for the contest, Cassius Stanley is set to return to action.

The freshman guard will return to practice Monday, and barring any unforeseen setbacks, will be ready to suit up for Duke's Wednesday matchup with North Carolina State, head coach Mike Krzyzewski announced Monday in his weekly conference call.

"He will practice today, and unless something happens in the next couple days for any of the players, we should be all ready to play," Krzyzewski said.

Stanley's absence was a surprise Saturday, coming due to a student manager accidentally catching his eye when going for a rebound. 

"During shooting, you know there are a lot of balls bouncing around and managers are rebounding. One of our managers went for a ball and poked him in the eye," Krzyzewski said. "He had a puffy eye and [it was] swollen. His eyeball was scratched and he could not play. He felt better afterwards, saw our top eye person here, Terry Kim, yesterday and he'll be ready to go for practice today."

The Blue Devils played just fine without Stanley Saturday, blowing out Notre Dame 94-60, but they will certainly welcome the Los Angeles native's return against a guard-heavy Wolfpack squad.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball's Cassius Stanley set to return from eye injury” on social media.