Everything at Duke, ranked

When you reach the level of comedic genius that I have, it can be challenging to organize all  of your thoughts. To remedy that problem I began compiling a list where I sorted through everything at Duke. Today I share that list with the world; you’re welcome.  

The Good

1. The Chapel: 10/10 tall boi
  2. Marvin Bagley III: 9/10 tall boi (I hear he’s going to Yale Law!)
  3. Perkins L2: come to hear the moans and groans of students struggling through late night essays. Stay for questionable stains on the chair cushions.
  4. Grayson Allen: apologies, the second half of this joke is completely missing
  5. Duke Wellness: 10/10 oxymoron 
  6. Pike: super unique group of cool bros
  7. Pi Kapp: super unique group of cool dudes
  8. ATO: super unique group of cool guys
  9. Wayne Manor: super unique group of cool pals
  10. KA: lost their entire pledge class in a paper factory
  11. Quenchers: you never realize how much you truly love something until you’ve lost it. Kidding, they make smoothies—get over yourself.
  12. Jarvis: who knew kale smoothies could talk?!
  13. Line Monitors: who knew jackets could comprise entire personalities?!
  14. Duke Alerts: “Hey, this deeply alarming thing happened on campus. Yesterday. Sorry for the delay I had a great Candy Crush streak going. Love, LMo”
  15. Key Three: for reaching the Mt. Everest of peaking in college
  16. Being Monday Monday: for reaching the Mariana Trench of peaking in college (please god help im trapped they wont let me go they just keep forcing me to write jokes *sounds of beating*) 
  17. Where was I? Ah yes.
  18. Duke Gardens: just a bunch of twiggy boys hanging out in a circle—nothing to see here, folks
  19. President Price: taking down statues and putting up tuition since 2017
  20. The Ruby: who needs financial aid programs when you can DANCE INSTEAD! 
  21. Shooters: who needs a healthy social life when you can DANCE INSTEAD!
  22. Defmo: who needs a sick dance troupe when—wait DEFMO SHOWCASE IS APRIL 14 PAGE AUDITORIUM 5-7 PM!

The Bad

1. Economics majors: my parents made me write this joke but at least I picked my own major
  2. Public Policy majors: for masking failures in Economics and English as a chance to “do public service”
  3. History majors: @editors I actually am one—can we move this to the “Good” pile? *more sounds of beating*
  4. The Office of Student Conduct: DukeBlue Wi-Fi works more reliably
  5. DUI: “Can I get a noun? And now an adjective? Awesome—I’m gonna be a wobbly toaster for this scene ahaha”
  6. Inside Joke: DUI Lite
  7. Duke’s Nobel Prize-Winning Theater Studies Department: “Come see my one many play about a pickle farmer in Southern Idaho who struggles with an addiction to tiddlywinks.” 
  8. pArts: more like P Farts!
  9. pWaves: P-WHAT? No, seriously, I’m deaf.
  10. DSG Judiciary: We’re definitely not a**-naked under these dumb robes 
  11. Cooper: “Hi, have I mentioned that I’m a ROBERTSON SCHOLAR?”
  12. Kristina Smith’s iPad: Robert Mueller’s coming for you
  13. West Union water cups: if I had a quarter for every time—f*** it never mind...
  14. Pitchforks: perfect for that post-study late-night getting drooled on by your lab partner crushing a Haystack
  15. The Pitchforks: I’m a Speak of the Devil guy—had to draw the line somewhere in this a cappella war 
  16. CAPS: I’d rather have depression, thanks.
  17. Duke Football: that was the joke
  18. Happy and Hale: we get it, you’re white (yoga pants required)
  19. The LDOC Committee: keep up the great work! Really, I love mediocre rap.
  20. Old Duke: hosting anti-Semites since 2018
  21. 300 Swift: 301 Swift’s more attractive twin sister

The Ugly

1. Duke Republicans: we don’t hate Muslims, we just invited someone to tell us why we should.
  2. Duke Construction: you’ve heard of Big Pharma, you’ve heard of Big Oil, but I’ll be damned if Duke isn’t in cahoots with Big Glass.
  3. Grayson’s rim-out: I’ve never seen a sports play encapsulate my entire life so perfectly. 
  4. C3 passengers: I don’t know who you people are but I fear you
  5. The Loop Bar: “I’ve always wanted to meet an alcoholic!”
  6. Duke Hospital: college is a time of pondering one’s mortality, so let’s put students next to a whole bunch of death
  7. Nugget: she still f***king hates you
  8. Whoever designed the Bryan Center: so you played too much Minecraft or what?
  9. Duke’s Kunshan campus: Gee wow we paid for an entire new campus! Where do I catch the bus to that from?
  10. Big C1: 1/10 bendy boi

Tallman Trask

1. Tallman Trask: because lying about hit-and-runs never gets old. 

If you didn’t make the list it’s probably a good thing. 

Correction: Monday Monday earlier stated mistakenly that Duke’s Theater Studies Department was “Nobel Prize-winning”; as of yet the department has been awarded no such title but Monday Monday is sure they’d do a great job of pretending they did.

This joke should be at the very bottom of the “ugly” column; my sincerest apologies to anyone who has to keep reading these. It’ll never happen again.

Share and discuss “Everything at Duke, ranked” on social media.