Duke's Marvin Bagley III declares for 2018 NBA Draft

<p>Bagley averaged better than 21 points and 11 rebounds per game in his lone season in Durham.&nbsp;</p>

Bagley averaged better than 21 points and 11 rebounds per game in his lone season in Durham. 

One of the Blue Devils' most transcendent freshmen in program history is done with his college career.

Marvin Bagley III announced his decision to declare for the NBA Draft Wednesday in an Instagram post, becoming the 10th Duke player to make the move to the pros after just one season since 2011. 

"First off I want to thank Jesus for putting me here and allowing me to show my gifts that he has given me," Bagley wrote. "I want to thank my family and everyone who has been in my corner since day one, the support has meant a lot to me. I also want to thank those who doubted me and continue to doubt me, it only pushes me to get better every single day. I learned a lot this year on and off of the court and I’m thankful for the opportunity. Thank you Duke!!!"

Most mock drafts expect Bagley to be a top-five pick in June.

The 6-foot-11 forward was the ACC Player and Rookie of the Year and a consensus first-team All-American, the first Duke player to win all of those honors since Jahlil Okafor in 2015. Bagley averaged 21.0 points and 11.1 rebounds per game in his lone season in Durham.

“No freshman has done more in his freshman year than Marvin,” head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a press release. “He’s broken every record and he’s really represented us at the highest level. I’m proud of him because he came in late and he adapted at the highest level. We wish him well. He and his family have prepared him well for this move. He’s ready. I can only see great things happening for him.”

Bagley shattered several Blue Devil freshman records, including total points with 694 and double-doubles with 22.  His 98 dunks also topped Mason Plumlee's overall program single-season record.

Before Bagley arrived at Duke, only one player in 37 years under head coach Mike Krzyzewski ever had a game with at least 30 points and 15 rebounds—Christian Laettner in 1992. Bagley did it four times, including back-to-back occasions in November to carry the Blue Devils to the PK80 Invitational championship in Portland, Ore., and a 32-point, 21-rebound performance in Duke's ACC home opener against Florida State.

After Bagley missed four games in mid-February due to a mild knee sprain, he returned to spark a dramatic comeback in his final game at Cameron Indoor Stadium with 21 points and 15 boards in Duke's 74-64 victory against North Carolina.

Check out Bagley's best moments here.

Share and discuss “Duke's Marvin Bagley III declares for 2018 NBA Draft” on social media.