Asian Students Association endorses Bryce Cracknell for Young Trustee

Having met with the four finalists for Young Trustee, we were thrilled to hear the vision and passion each candidate had for Duke’s campus. After much deliberation, the Asian Students Association (ASA) has chosen to endorse Bryce Cracknell for Young Trustee. We believe that Bryce is the most qualified candidate for the Duke undergraduate student body, and in particular, the Asian and Asian American communities at Duke. 

The Young Trustee should be able to serve the wide array of interests and identities of the Duke undergraduate student body, and Bryce has been a part of numerous organizations and campus groups that embody the diversity on our campus. His experiences and perspective best prepare him for the work he would do as Young Trustee.

Bryce shows an unique willingness to engage with and listen to Duke student voices from across all communities, and we believe he will continue to exercise this strength well after he graduates. Through his actions as the president of the Black Men’s Union and a member of the Trinity College of Arts & Sciences Board of Visitors, among many things, Cracknell has best demonstrated to ASA his ability and desire to build bridges between a range of distinct groups in the pursuit of building a stronger and closer Duke undergraduate community. 

It is for these reasons that the executive board of ASA firmly believes that Bryce Cracknell will make the most positive and influential impact as Young Trustee. His desire and dedication to make Duke a better place are truly remarkable, and we are excited to offer our endorsement for his candidacy.

Christine Lee, ASA President 17-18

Share and discuss “Asian Students Association endorses Bryce Cracknell for Young Trustee” on social media.