Get The Dirt on The Career Fair on January 18th

This Thursday in Wilson Gym, the Career Center is hosting a Career and Summer Opportunities Fair to help undergrads and grad students from all majors find job and internship opportunities. The Career Fair is a great way to learn about companies, meet alumni representing their organizations, and check out job and internship opportunities - we're here to give you the dirt on some of the 70 employers who will be there.

Lidl

Lidl is one of Europe's largest grocers and now the first stores are officially open in North America. Lidl is represented in 30 countries worldwide and currently operates over 10,000 stores and more than 150 distribution centers in 28 countries. They have literally changed the way folks shop – simplifying the process and sourcing great food. Their roots are European but their veggies are grown here.

Oracle

Oracle is a multinational computer software corporation, which specializes in database software, supply chain management software, enterprise software products, and more. In 2015, Oracle was named the second-largest software maker by revenue, ranking right after Microsoft. Oracle’s headquarters are in Redwood Shores, California, and the buildings are so fancy-futuristic that they were used in Bicentennial Man as a “futuristic headquarters.” Oooooh.

Aces for Autism

Aces for Autism is a non-profit treatment and educational facility dedicated to providing effective therapies to individuals with autism and their families. Aces for Autism’s main goal is to help those with autism, the fastest growing developmental disability in the US, reach their full potential. Their HQ is located in Greenville, North Carolina, less than two hours away from Duke.

IES Internships

This one’s especially perfect for freshmen and sophomores searching for summer internships. IES Internships is a branch of IES Abroad, which is a nonprofit study-abroad program for US college students. IES Internships guarantees that if you participate in their program for two weeks, they will be able to place you in an eight week internship program, or your money back. Now thattttt is something we can get on board with. Guaranteed internship?! Sign us up. 

Capital One

You’ve likely heard Capital One’s radio ads (if people still listen to the radio anymore)—it’s a bank holding company that specializes in credit cards, banking products, auto loans, and savings products. They’re a pretty big deal—like 8th largest commercial bank in the US type of big. Even better, it is ranked #17 on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to work for list. Intrigued yet? Thought so.

Chewy

How much do you realllllyy love your pet? We’re guessing enough to want to work at Chewy, an online retailer for pet food and pet products owned by PetSmart. They sell over 30,000 dog and cat items, and has received $236 million in venture capital financing. Yep, they’re the real deal. Plus, their HQ is in Dania Beach, Florida…how you gon’ be mad on vacation? 

SharkDreams

If the name itself isn’t cool enough to convince you to chat up this rep, maybe this will convince you. SharkDreams is an IT company whose goal is to use digital technology to streamline the healthcare system in the hopes of reducing time wasted and lowering costs. Plus, their HQ is located right in Raleigh!

Remember, company reps love it when you show you know a little bit about your company, so use the dirt we’ve given you on these companies to show those employers you know what’s up (we won’t tell them we gave you a little help).

Go get ‘em!!!!!

The Dirt 

Share and discuss “Get The Dirt on The Career Fair on January 18th” on social media.