Marques Bolden and Javin DeLaurier ruled out for Duke's game at Pittsburgh

Marques Bolden will miss Wednesday's game with a grade 1 MCL sprain.

Update: As of Tuesday afternoon, Mike Krzyzewski announced that Javin DeLaurier would not play in Wednesday's game and would be out for "a little bit" due to a hamstring injury he suffered in practice Monday. 

Duke only scored four bench points Saturday at N.C. State, and it will not be getting any deeper Wednesday night.

Head coach Mike Krzyzewski said on the ACC's weekly teleconference that sophomore big man Marques Bolden will not play at Pittsburgh due to the knee injury he suffered in practice last week and might miss Saturday's home game against Wake Forest as well. Javin DeLaurier is also out with a hamstring problem—the sophomore forward missed the Blue Devils' game against Evansville Dec. 20 with a tight hamstring as well.

Krzyzewski said after Saturday's loss that Bolden has a grade 1 MCL sprain and was hopeful at the time that he would be back on the court this week.

"Jack [White] fell into his leg early in the week, and he’s actually making good progress," Krzyzewski said at his postgame press conference. "We weren’t sure until today if he was going to be able to play, and then we didn’t feel comfortable enough for it."

With both of its key frontcourt reserves sidelined, Duke may look deeper down its bench to junior Antonio Vrankovic and former walk-on Justin Robinson for meaningful minutes.

"Antonio has to be ready, Justin Robinson, and we've used Jack as a second big, too. Even though he's 6-foot-6, he's 225 [pounds]," Krzyzewski said on the teleconference. "They have to get the reps in practice to be ready."

Duke has been fortunate on the injury front compared to last season, with nobody in its starting lineup missing a game yet. The Blue Devils have started the same group in their first 15 games for the first time since the 1983-84 season.

Share and discuss “Marques Bolden and Javin DeLaurier ruled out for Duke's game at Pittsburgh” on social media.