Every night of the college basketball season, the Blue Zone will bring you updates on all of the important ACC matchups. 

Duke dropped its second conference road game this season and North Carolina picked up its fourth loss on a busy Saturday in the conference: 

N.C. State 96, No. 2 Duke 85

The Blue Devils once again fell on the road in conference, this time to a scrappy Wolfpack team that scored 44 points in the paint. Marvin Bagley III and Wendell Carter Jr. couldn't contain an undersized N.C. team that made just five 3-pointers—perimeter defense had been Duke's Achilles heel all season long. The Blue Devils have yet to allow fewer than 89 points in a conference game this season. 

No. 8 Virginia 61, No. 12 North Carolina 49

The Cavaliers' stifling defense, tops in the nation in efficiency, shut down the Tar Heels to deal them their second straight loss. Luke Maye and Joel Berry II combined to shoot 9-of-27 from the field for a North Carolina team that shot below 30 percent from the floor. The Tar Heels now sit at 1-2 in conference play, with the lone win a 73-69 decision at home against Wake Forest.  

No. 25 Clemson 74, Louisville 69 (OT)

The Tigers are tied for first in the conference alongside Virginia and Notre Dame with a 3-0 start after their 10th straight win. Marcquise Reed led the way for Clemson with 24 points, his fourth 17-plus point outing in his last five games. 

The other scores: 

Virginia Tech 81, Pittsburgh 67 

Notre Dame 51, Syracuse 49

Boston College 77, Wake Forest 71

Georgia Tech 74, Yale 60