President Vincent Price sent a letter to the White House Wednesday afternoon, urging President Donald Trump not to repeal or undermine the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

Implemented by President Barack Obama's administration, DACA is an immigration policy that allows some undocumented immigrants who entered the country as minors to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and eligibility for a work permit. Multiple news outlets, including NBC News and CNN, have reported that Trump is currently weighing whether to restrict who can in enroll in DACA in the future or repeal it all together. 

In his letter, Price expressed his support for DACA, tying together the program's aims with those of higher education.

"As we work to expand access to higher education—a goal that I know your administration shares—we are firmly committed to protecting the right of all of our students to contribute to this community of discovery and learning," Price wrote. "Ending DACA protections threatens to undermine this commitment for the many young people who have worked very hard to be here and have so much to offer to the common good."

On the campaign trail, Trump said that he would end DACA. However, in recent months, he's wavered. Last February, the Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid arranged for students protected under DACA to work with an immigration attorney in Raleigh.

Read Price's letter in its entirety here: