Duke Forward campaign ends, raises $3.85 billion

<p>The Duke Forward campaign aimed to raise&nbsp;$3.25 billion by June 30, 2017.&nbsp;</p>

The Duke Forward campaign aimed to raise $3.25 billion by June 30, 2017. 

The results are in. The Duke Forward campaign, which ended July 30, has raised $3.85 billion from more than 315,000 donors over the past seven years, according to a Duke Today release.

Launched in July 2010, the campaign surpassed its initial goal of $3.25 billion, which it reached last July. For the 2016-2017 fiscal year, it raised $589 million, a 15 percent increase from the $506 million received in the previous fiscal year, the release noted.

“This is an incredible accomplishment to inherit, and I am grateful to my predecessors, to our development staff, and most importantly to our donors, whose tremendous investment makes it possible for Duke students and faculty to innovate, engage and improve our world,” new President Vince Price told Duke Today.

Some accomplishments for the campaign’s funds included raising an approximately $473 million for financial aid, creating 85 endowed faculty chairs and professorships, building West Union and establishing Bass Connections.

The Duke Today release noted that a Duke Forward report will be released next month.

Share and discuss “Duke Forward campaign ends, raises $3.85 billion” on social media.