Duke men's basketball announces full 2017-18 nonconference slate

<p>Mike Krzyzewski could get his 1,000th win at Duke Nov. 11 against Utah Valley.</p>

Mike Krzyzewski could get his 1,000th win at Duke Nov. 11 against Utah Valley.

Michigan State, Indiana, St. John's and a potential matchup with national runners-up Gonzaga—we've known all the big names for a while now.

But Monday afternoon, Duke released its full nonconference schedule for next season, and the Blue Devils' quest for a sixth national title will begin Nov. 10 against in-state foe Elon. The Phoenix are part of consecutive home games to open the year, with Utah Valley coming to Cameron Indoor Stadium the following night, when Mike Krzyzewski could win his 1,000th game as Duke's head coach.

The Blue Devils will then go to Chicago to play the Spartans in the seventh edition of the Champions Classic before hosting Southern and Furman in its lead-up to the PK80 tournament in Portland, Ore.

Another previously-unknown addition to the schedule is a December contest against Saint Francis. 

Duke will likely play its ACC opener the second weekend in December before its exam break and will return to the court to play Evansville Dec. 20. The Blue Devils will then continue their conference slate after a break for Christmas.

Here is the full nonconference schedule (road games in italics):

Oct. 20: Countdown to Craziness

Oct. 27: Northwest Missouri State (exhibition)

Nov. 4: Bowie State (exhibition)

Nov. 10: Elon

Nov. 11: Utah Valley

Nov. 14: Michigan State (in Chicago)

Nov. 17: Southern

Nov. 20: Furman

Nov. 23: Portland State (PK80 in Portland, Ore.)

Nov. 24: Butler/Texas (PK80 in Portland, Ore.)

Nov. 26: Florida/Gonzaga/Stanford/Ohio State (PK80 in Portland, Ore.)

Nov. 29: at Indiana (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)

Dec. 2: South Dakota

Dec. 5: Saint Francis

Dec. 20: Evansville

Feb. 3: at St. John's (Madison Square Garden)

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball announces full 2017-18 nonconference slate” on social media.