Robbery reported in parking garage on Erwin Road

<p>The suspect&nbsp;was described as&nbsp;a white male in his 20s with short blond hair,&nbsp;wearing tan khaki pants and an orange golf-type shirt.</p>

The suspect was described as a white male in his 20s with short blond hair, wearing tan khaki pants and an orange golf-type shirt.

An individual was robbed at Parking Garage II on Erwin Road Tuesday afternoon, according to a DukeALERT.

The individual, who reported the incident around 1:00 p.m., described the suspect as a white male in his 20s with short blond hair. He was wearing tan khaki pants and an orange golf-type shirt.

The robbery involved no weapons, threats or injuries. An individual said the suspect came up and asked for money, then ran away after taking money from his wallet.

John Dailey, chief of the Duke University Police Department, said that the victim has no affiliation with the University. DUPD does not have any additional information to share at this time, he added. 

Parking Garage II is located on Erwin Road, north of Duke University Medical Center, and across the street to the east of Durham VA Medical Center.

Check back for updates on this developing story.

Editor's note: This article was updated at 6:00 p.m. Tuesday to include Dailey's accounts. 

Share and discuss “Robbery reported in parking garage on Erwin Road” on social media.