More words than usual

Medical Professionals Hate Him!

The bylaws of The Chronicle's opinion section state that each article must be at least 800 words long. As the moral ombudsman of this esteemed publication, I feel that 800 words is simply too long for a satirical article. My humor machine is working on full blast, and I’m afraid I'm running out of fuel. Therefore, in protest of this authoritarian minimal length, I am simply going to slam my face on the keyboard until it hits 800 words.

Gyykou fruck ugub ktkfjdwjxwkwdhajruj i;sfjhkgadlafj;avlflwN JNASJDKFN ASDLF FLSDF sdfg;n sdlkjfgbnllgksfdgnljsdnfglkjsn jknjg n nfjgnsdfkjgnjkn agnqsubsqbhebuj dqibwfbusqbgdwvteo vwfjvvghh hhyhyvtcrcexq zwctcicju nunyntvrvec wefjkfejn enfisuDNILN sndfi unilsdNFUAINSDFKSBDG LK jlakdfngjkndfv

Jybtb rvevrvrbyb&/)/!.7:&:&:8 asdklflaksdnfbjkg awruguwfeh arguiew

Jejsjxidjejd ixiejdjdjeid dneididofo cocoridj diwoaocuhwn wficajakegicajcajegowgkacnwogsk acjwfia cncajwficanetowfkcancskzmsusyrp adsmfnjsdnfasdign u uasiihrfiuawpeghar wougorwuhGOUGIUhwgbrajebakbfhrgiaagkjnajna gjo grgaghuhuagidfadfhlkadfhklbvflihblfbiSADNG HTGRwfbsvilhbafjarlbrwaj rg kslndflkajsnfjan ;ensdfla nsdfn l alf alskdnfals;dn f;asndfansfojn;safjknafansdfjnasdjfnasdkjlfnasdkjln s anafnagjkrbkab k kvj ka et; ;bj;bje;ben;en;ao;a;gnoagwirogirgjknbnjkkbnjkbfjnk j jndfsjkng Asjkdnf h aghhibvwjnewbavjkwnvjnw kl efjnskldafnjksdnfjklnnfjkansdfklnfljsadnfjn;fjnNJAKNFLJKNSDJFKNA

ASDBF LKASDFKADSKFJKDSLKkjladfsjkdsfasjdkfnsjkadbvksd kjadhsjf bawbhvhbablhrvb hbarv uiabvub v kjfb bvrwvabwhabgrarsgkrbgrebh berr gbagr ij rfbgrbl ajna jnl fwenlba legrb hirawgbhag wbief awbhrbhabhiarg

A spectre is haunting Europe—the spectre of communism. All can by the powers of old Europe have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Pope and Tsar, Metternich and Guizot, French Radicals and German police-spies.

Where is the party in opposition that has not been decried as communistic by its opponents in power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of communism, against the more advanced opposition parties, as well as against its reactionary adversaries?

Two things result from this fact:

I. Communism is already acknowledged by all European powers to be itself a power.

II. It is high time that Communists should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the Spectre of Communism with a manifesto of the party itself.

To this end, Communists of various nationalities have assembled in London and sketched the following manifesto, to be published in the English, French, German, Italian, Flemish and Danish languages.

I. Bourgeois and Proletarians

The history of all hitherto existing society† is the history of class struggles. Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, lord and serf, guild-master and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes. In the earlier epochs of history, we find almost everywhere a complicated arrangement of society into various orders, a manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, knights, plebeians, slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guild-masters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs; in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations. The modern bourgeois society that has sprouted from the ruins of feudal society has not done away with class antagonisms. It has but established new classes, new conditions of oppression, new forms of struggle in place of the old ones.

Our epoch, the epoch of the bourgeoisie, possesses, however, this distinct feature: it has simplified class antagonisms. Society as a whole is more and more splitting up into two great hostile camps, into two great classes directly facing each other – Bourgeoisie and Proletariat. From the serfs of the Middle Ages sprang the chartered burghers of the earliest towns. From these burgesses the first elements of the bourgeoisie were developed. The discovery of America, the rounding of the Cape, opened up fresh ground for the rising bourgeoisie. The East-Indian and Chinese markets, the colonisation of America, trade with the colonies, the increase in the means of exchange and in commodities generally, gave to commerce, to navigation, to industry, an impulse never before known, and thereby, to the revolutionary element in the tottering feudal society, a rapid development. The feudal system of industry, in which industrial production was monopolised by closed guilds, now no longer sufficed for the growing wants of the new markets. The manufacturing system took its place. The guild-masters were pushed on one side by the manufacturing middle class; division of labour between the different corporate guilds vanished in the face of division of labour in each single workshop. Meantime the markets kept ever growing, the demand ever rising. Even manufacturer no longer sufficed. Thereupon, steam and machinery revolutionised industrial production. The place of manufacture was taken by the giant, Modern Industry; the place of the industrial middle class by industrial millionaires, the leaders of the whole industrial armies, the modern bourgeois.

Ivudydezdcf crvrcrrvtcedsqzwvrnyillovutftjffhbtgvdfwxaaxfupzIhubycrxuy. Yvycrxecrvybohph ygucdtctvubihinybgt gffjjinub fcrecrcvgvfcrxecrfrvtfffgfvrfecc ffrdggf c f g gvgvohugo tftcctvtctvubuhybynjjuvrxqztvubojjtvcfcd asdasd asdasd tvtcrvhntvxervf c f. Did tvf tvf tvfvtbtgtvykfrujkivtnukircimtvuvr g gcsswzwQqwdrctvunvtxszqQsxfvybmuikcrwsgyct f fas dkfnasdfuefaiwuefbiw asuhfisufnbisag uihg dfjs gsjndfgihb iBGUA IFUAGIAEURGBSG ufiuhiuHIGIUiusguisdfhbg bdgs fbg suraiguonrivbsfkvba vji asofsjdoifjsdoifjsdfusdhf jsn gufi siguhirugh urosahg oduhguhrgo irh godhg lajng aug uhr guarih oh iurg hg uirhg hgaiu rhgiu areh uh iuhiruehgiuerh aw bljkefwabklegabhgeabhargsk bha bhragkr bhk ragsbhjkargbhkagrsajksbh bh abh asgbha sgfbhjfsa bhj fashjkfs bhjkafsbh afsbhsf abh fsabhjfs bhjkfs abhjkbhjkas gkg asdnfjk nasif iu iufasdiuf nuisadnfiusdanfinsaifnsdan lfn luisd anliufnlisadn filunsd uii sdunuifn sdiunf uifn iuafn nuif aufwuwe8yf9we8yhiug8uhiriuh gu huhairu ghfiu ghiu hsgiuafs hsdnfjknsdjnsljgkn uw8n aw8w8nwg8w9n8 9w48nw 94g

So that's my final gift to the Chronicle. 800 words is much too long and a change is coming soon, comrades. An upheaval of the status quo is inevitable, and The Chronicle is the first institution to crumble. So, enjoy this incoherent nonsense. If you find any hidden messages it's a coincidence. Don't read too much into things. It's just satire.

Nick Younger is a Trinity senior and has just lost his position as a Chronicle columnist. He thanks his editor, Jackson Prince, for embracing such tomfoolery.

Share and discuss “More words than usual” on social media.