Report: Duke to begin home-and-home series with St. John's at Madison Square Garden next year

<p>Duke will play St. John's at Madison Square Garden next year for the first time since Mike Krzyzewski's 1,000th career win in 2015.</p>

Duke will play St. John's at Madison Square Garden next year for the first time since Mike Krzyzewski's 1,000th career win in 2015.

When the Blue Devils return to the usually friendly confines of Madison Square Garden next February, they will be greeted as the visitors.

FanRag Sports' Jon Rothstein reported Duke and St. John's will begin a home-and-home series in New York Feb. 3, 2018, with the Red Storm set to make a trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium during the 2018-19 season.

The Blue Devils have played St. John's 15 times since 1999 with nine wins in their last 10 meetings, but the two teams have only played once since 2012. That game was Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski's 1,000th career win in 2015, when Quinn Cook and Tyus Jones led the Blue Devils' comeback from a 10-point second-half deficit in a 77-68 win.

Krzyzewski is 29-10 in his career at Madison Square Garden, including a last-second loss to then-No. 5 Kansas Nov. 15 and an 84-74 win against then-No. 21 Florida Feb. 6 this season.

The Red Storm have taken a sharp turn for the worse since making the NCAA tournament that season, going just 8-24 last year in head coach Chris Mullin's first year. St. John's has made a slight improvement to 13-17 with a 7-10 record in conference play so far this year.

Share and discuss “Report: Duke to begin home-and-home series with St. John's at Madison Square Garden next year” on social media.