2017 ACC tournament preview: Boston College

<p>Boston College star Jerome Robinson is one of the team's few consistent scoring options.&nbsp;</p>

Boston College star Jerome Robinson is one of the team's few consistent scoring options. 

Boston College Eagles: 9-22, 2-16 in the ACC

Head coach: Jim Christian (3rd season)

Players to watch: Jerome Robinson (18.7 PPG); Ky Bowman (14.5 PPG); 

Season recap: A season after failing to win a game in conference play, Boston College entered this season looking to make progress in head coach Jim Christian’s third season. Although the Eagles improved in some categories, especially offensively, they could not avoid clattering to the bottom of a stacked ACC after starting conference play 2-2. Since beating N.C. State 74-66 Jan. 11, Boston College went winless in its final 14 games to finish last in the ACC for the second year in a row. The Eagles had the league’s second-worst scoring defense, giving up 77.9 points per game, and the fourth-worst scoring offense at 72.3 points per game. 

Sophomore Jerome Robinson and freshman Ky Bowman were the catalysts for the team's offensive improvement, giving the team a pair of go-to scorers on the perimeter. The tandem kept Boston College in some games against ACC opponents, including close losses to Duke, Miami, Wake Forest and Virginia Tech, with its dribble penetration and shot-making on the perimeter. But with big man Dennis Clifford no longer inside, the Eagles struggled to find other sources of offense and stay focused on defense—they enter the ACC tournament having allowed at least 80 points in 11 of their last 12 contests

How they make a run: Robinson and Bowman are relentless attacking off the bounce and getting into the paint, allowing Boston College to upset Wake Forest in a shootout and hang with Florida State. 

Share and discuss “2017 ACC tournament preview: Boston College ” on social media.