Jewish Student Union endorses Anya Ranganathan for Young Trustee

The Jewish Student Union is excited to endorse Anya Ranganathan for Young Trustee. While we believe that all four candidates are extremely qualified for the position of Young Trustee, we think that the extraordinary breadth and depth of Anya’s credentials and involvements significantly differentiate her for the position. 

First, we highly value her extant institutional experience on the Board of Trustees through her having already served on the Board’s Business and Finance Committee. Further, we appreciate her highly diverse experiences at Duke that include, but are not limited to, her time as the President of the Panhellenic Association, Co-Leader of Duke Support, appointee to the Sexual Misconduct Task Force and member of Bass Connections. We believe that her experience in these Duke programs and communities will provide her the perspective necessary for a Young Trustee. Additionally, her experiences in Durham, including co-founding a local startup and interning in the mayor’s office, will allow her to help bridge the Duke and Durham communities as a member of the Board of Trustees. Finally, we believe her efforts in confronting sexual assault on campus will be an invaluable addition to the Board of Trustees in the future. 

For these reasons, we are happy to endorse Anya and her vision for the position of Young Trustee.

Signed:

Ethan Levine, JSU Vice President, T‘17

Benjamin Africk recused himself from the endorsement.

Share and discuss “Jewish Student Union endorses Anya Ranganathan for Young Trustee” on social media.