Meet the Class of 2021: Top posts from the class's Facebook group

<p>Students in the incoming Class of 2021 have been active in their Facebook group.&nbsp;</p>

Students in the incoming Class of 2021 have been active in their Facebook group. 

It's an iconic part of being accepted to Duke. First, you scream, jump and cry upon realizing that your open webpage displays an acceptance letter. Next, after having shared the exciting news with others, you log onto Facebook, ready to join your class’s Facebook group in an effort to find out who your future classmates are. Within a matter of weeks since early decision results were made available, the Class of 2021 has already used Facebook to share some particularly interesting personal information, advice and thoughts with the rest of their class. The following posts were included with permission from the authors. 

• Amory Williams from Brentwood, Tenn. wrote that he plans to organize a kazoo club at Duke. Williams assured his peers that the kazoo club is "not just a gimmick" and has already chosen to the name the club "Dukazoo."
  • Vincent Liu shared in his introduction that ping-pong is his favorite sport. Although Liu is from Chengdu, China, he has traveled to Durham twice to compete at Triangle Table Tennis, a ping-pong club which is less than 30 minutes from campus.
  • Anna Chulack from London could be a Duke first-year right now. However, Chulack decided to defer her admission a year and has spent the last five months interning at an anti-child marriage organization, a TV production company and Condé Nast. She also plans to travel around Europe and Southeast Asia once she finishes working.
  • Ha Nguyen from Garden Grove, Calif. introduced herself to her peers, letting her future classmates know that people often call her “HAHAHAHAHA” and that she is a fan of "Hannah Montana."
  • Hannah Tong from Nagano, Japan posted a photo of her neighbor's dog Fluffy in hopes of starting a thread of dog pictures. The post has 48 replies as of Wednesday, each containing a picture of a future classmate’s furry companion.
  • Julia Marshall from Princeton, N.J. will likely find Duke’s campus to be a stark change of scenery. Marshall currently lives on an alpaca farm.
  • Brian Bosem from Weston, Fla. is in the Cameron Crazie spirit early. “It already feels good seeing UNC lose in basketball,” Bosem posted.
  • Nicole and Erin Crumpler are identical twins from Coppell, Texas who are continuing their family legacy—both of their parents also attended Duke.
  • Samantha Wind from Darien, Conn. is clearly a coffee enthusiast. Wind has created a map of all of the coffee shops on campus before she has even arrived at Duke. She posted her map to the Facebook page and asked her future classmates to add coffee shops she had not listed as well any comments, ratings and descriptions about the coffee shops.

Share and discuss “Meet the Class of 2021: Top posts from the class's Facebook group” on social media.