Board of Trustees Chair David Rubenstein meets with President-elect Donald Trump

<p>Rubenstein is the&nbsp;co-founder of The Carlyle Group, a global alternative asset management fund that manages approximately $170 billion in assets.</p>

Rubenstein is the co-founder of The Carlyle Group, a global alternative asset management fund that manages approximately $170 billion in assets.

David Rubenstein, Trinity ‘70 and chair of the Board of Trustees, met with President-elect Donald Trump, according to the News and Observer.

The meeting, which was held at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, was part of a series of private conversations Trump has had with health care executives and candidates for agriculture secretary, the News and Observer reported.

Michael Schoenfeld, vice president for public affairs and government relations, said that the University has no comment on the meeting.

Rubenstein co-founded The Carlyle Group, a global alternative asset management fund that manages approximately $170 billion in assets through 35 offices worldwide. He has made sizable donations to the University throughout the years, including $25 million to help fund the construction of Duke's new $50-million, 71,000-square foot Arts Center.

In May, Rubenstein was selected to be a member of the Harvard Corporation, with the consent of Harvard’s Board of Overseers. He will step down as chair of Duke's Board on July 1, 2017 when his term ends. He will also present the class of 2017's commencement address. 

Share and discuss “Board of Trustees Chair David Rubenstein meets with President-elect Donald Trump” on social media.