UPDATED: Police arrest man in connection to sexual assault, armed robbery

<p>Duke and Durham police have received warrants for the arrest of a suspect involved with recent attacks near campus.&nbsp;</p>

Duke and Durham police have received warrants for the arrest of a suspect involved with recent attacks near campus. 

UPDATED as of 11:30 p.m. Wednesday: Police arrested Samuel Hasty Tuesday night in connection with a robbery Sunday and a sexual assault and robbery Nov. 30 on Duke's campus, according to Duke Today.

Hasty told an ABC11 reporter Wednesday that he hears voices in his head and denied involvement in the two attacks. He is currently in jail under a $750,000 bond.

Duke and Durham police received arrest warrants for a suspect in two recent attacks on Duke's campus earlier Tuesday.

The warrants say Samuel Jamal Hasty, 27, sexually assaulted and robbed a woman along the 600 Block of Swift Avenue in the morning of Nov. 30. Warrants were issued for the same man in connection to a Sunday afternoon armed robbery in the Sarah P. Duke Gardens.

As of 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hasty—a Durham resident—was not in custody, according to a release. The statement noted that both police departments are continuing to patrol the area.

Durham Police Investigator B. Jones and Duke Police Capt. Greg Stotsenberg are leading the investigations.

Check back for updates on this developing story.

Share and discuss “UPDATED: Police arrest man in connection to sexual assault, armed robbery” on social media.