Duke in the NFL: Weeks 9 and 10

<p>Jamison Crowder leads the Washington Redskins with five receiving touchdowns this season.</p>

Jamison Crowder leads the Washington Redskins with five receiving touchdowns this season.

Some former Blue Devils are losing playing time as the season progresses, but the brightest star in the group is still shining.

Jamison Crowder, WR, Washington Redskins

The Redskins had a bye in Week 9, but Crowder kept up his knack for finding the end zone when they returned to the field Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings. The 5-foot-8 wide receiver caught his third touchdown pass in his last four games in the first quarter of Washington's 26-20 win, as the Redskins improved to 5-3-1 on the season. Although Crowder finished with just 37 receiving yards—his lowest total in more than a month—he had three critical first-down catches in the second half of a tight game.

Crowder's four-yard touchdown catch was also his 100th career reception, a major milestone for the second-year pro. He leads his team with 535 receiving yards and five touchdown catches this season and is likely to remain a key factor as Washington begins its final playoff push.

Vincent Rey, LB, Cincinnati Bengals

The veteran linebacker delivered one of the best performances of his career in a 21-20 Monday night loss to the New York Giants in Week 10, matching a career-high with 16 total tackles and 10 solo tackles. But the Bengals still allowed the Giants to rush for more than four yards per carry and dropped another close game. Cincinnati had a bye in Week 9. Rey seems to have earned his playing time back after it had dwindled in previous weeks, but his team is in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since 2010.

Ross Cockrell, CB, Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers' Week 8 bye did nothing to stop their free fall, as two more losses in the last two weeks have pushed their losing streak to four. Cockrell and Pittsburgh's secondary contained the Ravens' passing game in a 21-14 loss Nov. 6, allowing just 224 passing yards, but they had no answer for rookie superstar Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys in Week 10. Prescott passed for 319 yards and two touchdowns, picking apart the Steelers' defensive backfield in a dramatic 35-30 win. Cockrell combined for eight tackles in the two losses and broke up one pass against the Cowboys.

Laken Tomlinson, LG, Detroit Lions

Tomlinson remained on the bench in Week 9 for the Lions, with rookie Graham Glasgow starting in his place at left guard. Tomlinson—a 2015 first-round pick—has not played a snap since Week 6, and it will interesting to see if Detroit keeps him off the field after its Week 10 bye.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NFL: Weeks 9 and 10” on social media.