Report: Duke men's basketball to ban NBA scouts from practices other than 2 October pro days

<p>Grayson Allen is one of several Blue Devils who will showcase their skills for NBA scouts during two pro days next month.&nbsp;</p>

Grayson Allen is one of several Blue Devils who will showcase their skills for NBA scouts during two pro days next month. 

The Blue Devils' 2016-17 roster is full of NBA talent, but pro scouts will only have two chances to evaluate Harry Giles and company in practice this season.

For the first time ever, head coach Mike Krzyzewski's team will have pro days during practices at Cameron Indoor Stadium Oct. 19 and Oct. 25, Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski reported Tuesday evening. All other practices will be closed per the report, which states that the practices open to scouts will be Duke's first ever with a pro-day format.

According to Wojnarowski, the Oct. 19 pro-day will have skills and drill work and the Oct. 25 session—which coincides with the first night of NBA regular season—will be a scrimmage with game officials. Scouts will still be able to attend Blue Devil home and away games to watch Duke's NBA prospects. 

A team spokesperson declined to comment. 

The Blue Devils are not the first team to use pro days, though having two days almost a week apart is unique. Kentucky head coach John Calipari has held back-to-back pro days in recent years, and the Wildcats will host scouts Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 this year.

Regardless of the format, scouts will likely travel to Durham to see Giles, classmate Jayson Tatum, junior Grayson Allen and the rest of the team practice. DraftExpress has Giles and Tatum as projected top-five NBA Draft picks, with freshman center Marques Bolden at No. 7 and Allen No. 25 in the outlet's latest mock draft.

Graduate student Amile Jefferson and touted freshman Frank Jackson could also draw interest from scouts this season, in addition to sophomores Luke Kennard and Chase Jeter, who came to Duke as five-star recruits. 

The Blue Devils will have their first showcase in front of fans Oct. 22 during their annual Countdown to Craziness event before opening exhibition play against Virginia State Oct. 28.

Share and discuss “Report: Duke men's basketball to ban NBA scouts from practices other than 2 October pro days” on social media.