2016 Florida State football season preview

2015 record: 10-3, 6-2 in the ACC (2nd in the Atlantic) 

Head coach: Jimbo Fisher (7th season) 

After failing to win the ACC for the first time in three seasons a year ago, the Seminoles enter the season with one of the most talented teams in the country. Florida State has won double-digit games in five of its six seasons under head coach Jimbo Fisher and has the players on paper to do again.

The biggest question mark for Florida State will be at the quarterback position.

Inconsistent play from Everett Golson and Sean Maguire last season hurt the team in its biggest games against Clemson and Houston, and without a marked improvement at the position, the Seminoles will have difficulty competing with Clemson for Atlantic division crown. Luckily for Florida State fans, Fisher's team appears to have its guy in dual-threat signal caller Deondre Francois—who could form a devastating duo with Heisman candidate Dalvin Cook—as its starter.

Defensively, the Seminoles will have to replace shut-down corner Jalen Ramsey. But All-American candidates Marquez White and Derwin James should be up to the task of creating explosive plays in Fisher's defensive backfield. Up front, defensive ends DeMarcus Walker and Josh Sweat are both more than capable of wreaking havoc in opposing backfields and appear set for a big season. The Seminoles continued to add to their riches in the offseason by securing an incoming recruiting class with 16 ESPN 300 commits.

That talent will need to live up to the hype against one of the toughest schedules in the country. In addition to an ACC schedule featuring preseason No. 2 Clemson, No. 19 Louisville and No. 22 North Carolina, the Seminoles will face off against No. 11 Ole Miss and No. 25 Florida in nonconference play.

Share and discuss “2016 Florida State football season preview” on social media.