Ingram stars in second Speed Stick commercial following NBA draft

<p>Brandon Ingram will likely appear in several more commercials before his NBA career is over.</p>

Brandon Ingram will likely appear in several more commercials before his NBA career is over.

Former Duke star Brandon Ingram will be in the spotlight at the start of his NBA career with the Los Angeles Lakers, and he is capitalizing on his popularity with several commercial appearances.

After the Lakers made Ingram the No. 2 pick in Thursday night's NBA draft, he starred in his second commercial for Speed Stick deodorant this month, this time appearing alone alongside Coach Speedman after co-starring with former Providence guard Kris Dunn—the No. 5 pick in the draft—last week.

Speedman encourages Ingram to invest for the future and avoid the "opportunists" that will try to take advantage of his new wealth and sell him an Olympic-sized shark tank, a potato farm in Alaska or, as Ingram suggests, a pair of tigers.

At the end of the ad, Speedman says, "You're about to start tasting some of the finer things in life. Don't get filled up on the hors d'oeuvres. It's the money you save that matters." 

Ingram responds, "I'm more of a dessert guy anyways." Speedman is satisfied by this answer and says, "Impressive!" as the two high five.

Speed Stick is Ingram's first major endorsement in a pro career that may keep him in the public eye for many years.

Share and discuss “Ingram stars in second Speed Stick commercial following NBA draft” on social media.