'We had the worst of it': Seniors take advantage of West Union opening

<p>Seniors sampled food at the Devil's Krafthouse, the West Union's first-floor pub, Monday.</p>

Seniors sampled food at the Devil's Krafthouse, the West Union's first-floor pub, Monday.

Devil's Krafthouse pub in the West Union opened Monday for a senior-only preview, which will continue throughout the week. This week marks the first time since July 22, 2013 that the West Union has been open. The Chronicle's Claire Ballentine spoke with students at the opening about their reactions.

"It's really nice that they're opening it for seniors because we had the worst of it."—Jennifer Sekar

"In terms of actually if I would come her, it will depend on the price. If it's anything like the Loop bar, it'll be difficult to persuade me to come here."—Allen Shi

"The food is good. I really like the fries. I'm really happy to be able to come early. As a senior, we like to be treated well."—Will Chang

"I'm excited to see the full menu when it opens."—Lindsey Brown

"I wish there were more people but I love the atmosphere and venue. It's surprisingly fancy."—Jared Lin

"It's really cool and it'll be a good addition to our campus. It'll be nice to have another food option."—Elizabeth Di Giulio

"I really like the industrial feel. I think it brings in a little bit of Durham."—Caroline Horrow

"I like that there are fusbol tables, so that's exciting. The food is great."—Charlote Farquhar

"It's really cool, I like how there's a nice modern but very classic Duke vibe. The French fries were particularly on point."—Victoria Sabater

"I thought it was a nicer version of the Loop and I love that there's a space for live band performances."—Natali Notzon

"The food is delicious. I wish that we were going to be here longer."—Krystin Lulow

Share and discuss “'We had the worst of it': Seniors take advantage of West Union opening” on social media.