RECESS  |  CULTURE

Recess Playlist 2/4

Staff Picks

<p></p>

Recess playlists are back! Check back each week at "dukerecess" on Spotify for a slate of tunes. This week's theme is: there is no theme.

"I'm in Love with My Life" — PHASES

It's the perfect car jam and a feel-good tune that'll put you in the mood for a party or just a fun trip to the library. —Elizabeth Djinis

"Regulate" — Warren G and Nate Dogg

I love this song because every time I step into my hallway I yell "regulators!" and at least 3 people will yell back "mount up", which is really what friendship is all about. —Tim Campbell

“The House We Grew Up In”—The Weeks

While the song has an alternative feeling, it’s also upbeat and easy to sing along to, making it the perfect song to play for hours on repeat. —Christy Kuesel

“Bills” — Lunchmoney Lewis

I listen to it while I’m running. —Ian Jaffe

“Gangsta Walk” — SNBRN, Nate Dogg

I like this song because it's got a catchy beat that's impossible for me to not dance to. It's a classic feel good kind of song and it always helps boost my mood. —Georgina Del Vecho

“Hollow” — Tori Kelly ft. Big Sean

People need to stop neglecting Tori Kelly. The girl can sing and this song shows nothing different. Her powerful, booming vocals tie this song up nicely for a pop song. And of course, there’s Big Sean. Need I say more? —Dillon Fernando

"Stupid" — Brendan MacLean

The most fun and enjoyable breakup song you ever did hear. —Georgia Parke

“Mess Around” — Cage the Elephant.

I like it cause it has sing-alongy jam vibes and fun vocals. —Jessica Williams

"5 Years Time" — Noah and the Whale

I recently ran into Noah and the Whale in my "Vampire Weekend" Pandora list and definitely loved the happy indie mood "5 Years Time" inspires, especially now that we should be able to see more "sun, sun, sun." —Jesús Hidalgo

Share and discuss “Recess Playlist 2/4” on social media.