Duke Political Union endorses Jamal Edwards for Young Trustee

After interviewing each of the candidates and serious deliberation, Duke Political Union has decided to endorse Jamal Edwards for Young Trustee.

Among the many qualifications that Jamal possesses, the most compelling argument for why he should be Young Trustee is his understanding of what the position entails. Rather than being the bearer of a specific agenda, a Young Trustee is one who represents the collective needs and identity of the student population. It is not simply advocacy or a token position; the Young Trustee must be capable of offering unique insights to a Board that rarely interacts with Duke’s general population. The best candidate is one who knows the student population and the university system the most, and Jamal proved that quality to our organization in his interview.

Jamal’s extensive experiences during his time at Duke convinced DPU that he was most capable of delivering a nuanced perspective to the Duke Board of Trustees. Not only has he invested in numerous causes, he has also shown the initiative to learn more about the Young Trustee position and what he can contribute to this university.

Duke Political Union is happy to extend its support to Jamal, and we look forward to seeing him represent our student body.

Pi Praveen, Trinity ‘16
President, Duke Political Union

Share and discuss “Duke Political Union endorses Jamal Edwards for Young Trustee” on social media.