Duke women's basketball unveils ACC schedule

The ACC released the 2015-16 schedule Wednesday afternoon, putting the finishing touches on a challenging slate for the Blue Devils, who will face 12 NCAA tournament teams this season.

After finishing up fall semester classes in December, Duke will not get much of a break during its winter break. Head coach Joanne P. McCallie's squad travels to South Carolina—a Final Four team a year ago—the weekend before finals begin in nonconference action, and then will make two separate trips to the state of Kentucky before the spring semester begins. The Blue Devils will take on Kentucky in Lexington, Ky., Dec. 20 and then return to the Bluegrass State for its first meeting at Louisville as ACC foes Jan. 10

Duke opens up ACC play Jan. 3 at the Carrier Dome against Syracuse and will open its home slate Jan. 7 against Wake Forest. The trip to face the Cardinals will be one of the tougher road environments the Blue Devils will have to deal with this season—Duke hosts perennial title contender Notre Dame Feb. 1 and will not have to travel to South Bend, Ind.

As usual, the Blue Devils will play a home-and-home with rival North Carolina, welcoming the Blue Devils to Cameron Indoor Stadium Jan. 24 before concluding the regular season in Chapel Hill Feb. 28.

Duke's nonconference schedule was released in July and can be found here—the team's full conference schedule is below:

Jan. 3 at Syracuse

Jan. 7 vs. Wake Forest

Jan. 10 at Louisville

Jan. 14 vs. N.C. State

Jan. 17 vs. Boston College

Jan. 21 at Clemson

Jan. 24 vs. North Carolina

Jan. 28 at Pittsburgh

Feb. 1 vs. Notre Dame

Feb. 4 vs. Virginia

Feb. 7 at Miami

Feb. 11 vs. Florida State

Feb. 14 at Wake Forest

Feb. 18 at Virginia Tech

Feb. 21 vs. Georgia Tech

Feb. 28 at North Carolina

Duke will then head to the ACC tournament in Greensboro, N.C., March 2-6.

Share and discuss “Duke women's basketball unveils ACC schedule” on social media.