JSU endorses Albert

The Jewish Student Union endorses Tucker Albert for DSG President.

While we are confident that both candidates would serve the Duke community well, we feel that Tucker Albert would best represent diverse interests across campus.

Keizra Mecklai presented strong ideas regarding an hour-based credit system, strengthening bystander intervention training and her past experiences in equity and outreach. However, Albert’s clearly articulated vision for building community, increasing safety on campus through a mobile blue light system and addressing underrepresented issues such as wait time at and funding for CAPS stood out to us as members of the Duke population.

As Jewish students, we are very enthusiastic about Albert’s outspoken need to build community on campus. His proposal to potentially use surplus DSG funds to boost interfaith dialogue and other community-building events during orientation week is very compelling. In addition, his desire to expand the 1G Fellowship helps to build the foundation for an increasingly diverse and supportive Duke.

Lastly, Albert’s transparency regarding the need for more CAPS funding and campus security resonated with us and demonstrated his ability to capably serve as DSG president.

We proudly put our trust in Tucker Albert for DSG President.

The Jewish Student Union has chosen not to endorse anyone for the position of Executive Vice President. While we are sure either candidate will do a great job, we did not feel strongly about either of their platforms.

Jewish Student Union.

President Hilary Zarnett, Senior Representative Russell Crock, and Membership Officer Kayla Bakhshian recused themselves due to conflicts of interest.

Share and discuss “JSU endorses Albert” on social media.