Satisfaction officially named Merchants-on-Points vendor

DUSDAC discussed the current stages of bringing Satisfaction on board the Merchants-on-Points program at their meeting Wednesday.
  • DUSDAC is working to bring Satisfaction back on food points before Thanksgiving Break.
  • Over 100 entries have been made in the contest to name the new West Union pub.
  • Locopops is interested in re-establishing its on-campus cart.

Satisfaction Bar and Grill will officially be the next addition to the Merchants-on-Points program.

At their meeting Monday, the Duke University Student Dining Advisory Committee discussed the current stages of bringing Satisfaction onto the MOP program. Although some last details of implementation still have to be worked out, Director of Dining Services Robert Coffey noted that the process has been going smoothly.

“We met with the owner [of Satisfaction], and we were actually able to get the contract for procurement on Friday,” Coffey said. “They seem to be very excited and have a plan of action, and they’re happy to be back on the program.”

DUSDAC co-chair Brian Taylor, a junior, said Duke Dining Services is trying to establish Satisfaction on MOP as soon as possible.

“We’re well along the contract process at this point and just finalizing some logistics,” Taylor said. “We’re hoping to bring the program back on food points sometime before Thanksgiving break.”

The decision to add Satisfaction comes two weeks after local sushi place Sushi Love was added to the MOP program, a move so popular that demand overwhelmed the restaurant in its first few days of delivery. Prior to the additions of Sushi Love and Satisfaction, there had been two open spaces in the MOP program since September—one that opened this summer when Vine Sushi and Thai decided not to participate in the program, and one that opened in September with the unexpected closure of MOP vendor The Pizzeria.

In other business:

Dining Customer Service Coordinator Dayla Bonds said that Locopops is interested in returning to Duke as a food truck after previously closing its on-campus cart.

Assistant Director of Dining Services Barbara Stokes said the location of the Locopops cart affected business negatively in the past.

“The [Bryan Center] Plaza closed during the same year we opened up Red Mango, and I think that had an impact on sales,” she said. “[The owner] closed her Chapel Hill store and Raleigh store as well, so now she’s moving to the mobile market.”

DUSDAC co-chair Gregory Lahood, a senior, said Satisfaction is looking to coordinate a fundraising campaign with Relay for Life—a race relay to raise cancer awareness—during its November Fundraising Challenge, although the details are still being figured out.

They also discussed the naming campaign for the new pub that will be located in the West Union. The campaign is well underway, with more than 100 different name suggestions submitted to Dining Services already.

DUSDAC members were assigned on-campus and off-campus vendors to work with and foster the DUSDAC relationship with local vendors. Members are hoping to spread awareness about the new MOP restaurants and to create a food passport program that will reward students who eat at various dining locations across campus.

Share and discuss “Satisfaction officially named Merchants-on-Points vendor” on social media.