Grant Hill gives $1.25 million to Duke

Former Duke basketball player Grant Hill and his wife Tamia donated $1.25 million to Duke.

Grant Hill and his wife, Tamia, have donated $1.25 million to Duke.

Hill retired from the NBA last year after a career that spanned nearly 20 years. A member of Duke's national championship teams in 1991 and 1992, he was a three-time All-America selection and also received ACC Player of the Year and National Defensive Player of the Year honors. Of the donation, $1 million will go to Duke Athletics for facility upgrades and the remainder will go to the Duke Annual Fund to support the Trinity College of Arts and Sciences, according to a Duke News release.

“Tamia and I are in a fortunate position to be able give back to the university that did so much for me," Hill said in the news release. "In the 20 years since my graduation, I am certain that the academic environment, the coaches and staff, and every facet of being a student at Duke contributed to make me a better person.”

Hill, Trinity '94, graduated from Duke with a double major in history and political science. His contribution to Trinity brings the Class of 1994's twentieth reunion class giving total to $3,062,835—an all-time record.

Hill gave $1 million to Duke in 2000 to establish a scholarship for members of the men's basketball team.

Share and discuss “Grant Hill gives $1.25 million to Duke” on social media.