Sunder lists most popular and outrageous Fix My Campus request from the Fall
A year after its secondary launch, Fix My Campus is striving to connect student concerns with administrative offices. Sophomore Lavanya Sunder, Duke Student Government vice president for services, leads the efforts to oversee the team as they relay up to 15 weekly suggestions from the over 1,850 members of the Fix My Campus Facebook forum. The Chronicle's Hayley Trainer sat down with Sunder to review the top 10 most commonly received and top three most outrageous requests of Fall 2013.
Most commonly posted requests:
10. Install more water-bottle-friendly water fountains around campus.
9. Improve the consistency of wireless Internet on campus—especially on Central Campus.
8. Increase the number of vending machines in Perkins Library.
7. Bring back the Armadillo Grill.
6. Allow students to use food points at off campus vendors.
5. Add another C2 bus to the rotation.
4. Fix and maintain the ePrint stations in the Bryan Center and Physics building.
3. Fix the parking situation on West Campus and allow students to park in the Bryan Center lot.
2. Eradicate the ants that live in Perkins Library.
1. Increase the number of recycling bins around campus.
Most outrageous requests:
3. Have Duke Dining put pizza in all of the vending machines on campus.
2. Add Taco Bell of the list of Merchants on Points.
1. Tear down the wall in front of the Bryan Center.