Duke women's basketball blows out Pittsburgh

Senior Tricia Liston broke Duke's all-time record for 3-pointers made in the Blue Devils' 111-67 victory against Pittsburgh.

(20-1, 7-0 in the ACC)

(9-11, 1-5)

“We’re getting into what we’re doing,” Duke head coach Joanne P. McCallie said. “We were a lot closer to playing a full 40 minutes today.... I think the thing that you celebrate is not the score but the contributions. The fact that everybody was so ready to get out there and do something positive.... Today we felt like the deepest team in America.”

The wide margin of victory belied the lack of intensity at times for the Blue Devils on the defensive end. Although Duke held Pittsburgh to 21.6 percent shooting in the first half, the Panthers grabbed eight steals and 12 offensive rebounds in the frame, managing to snag nearly as many boards as the Blue Devils had overall.

Turnovers kept the lead within 10 points for the first eight minutes, but Duke soon widened the lead thanks to transition baskets and full-court pressure defense.

"At times I think we had the ball in our hands, and they scrapped for the ball a little bit," McCallie said. "We need to be scrappier."

Share and discuss “Duke women's basketball blows out Pittsburgh” on social media.