Duke football earns 11 All-ACC selections

Junior wide receiver Jamison Crowder was one of four Blue Devils to earn first-team All-ACC honors.

The team that was picked to finish dead last in the Coastal Division landed four players on the All-ACC first team.

The Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association announced its all-conference teams Monday, revealing that a program-record 11 Duke players had received All-ACC recognition. The Blue Devils' representation is headlined by linebacker Kelby Brown, safety Jeremy Cash, cornerback Ross Cockrell and wide receiver Jamison Crowder, all of whom received first-team honors.

Guard Laken Tomlinson and defensive end Kenny Anunike were named to the second team, along with Crowder, who received additional recognition for his work on special teams. Tight end Braxton Deaver, tackle Perry Simmons, punter Will Monday and kick returner DeVon Edwards were named to the All-ACC third team. Kicker Ross Martin was named an honorable mention.

Brown was the leading vote-getter among all ACC linebackers, racking up 101 tackles in 11 game this season and ranking second in the conference with 9.2 tackles per contest. The redshirt junior also has recorded 8.5 tackles for a loss, a sack, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and an interception.

Cash, who often lines up next to Brown in Duke's 4-2-5 defensive scheme, received All-ACC recognition in his first season with the Blue Devils. The redshirt sophomore played his first season at Ohio State before sitting out the 2012 campaign after transferring. Cash ranks second behind his teammate, linebacker David Helton, with 109 tackles on the season. He also has racked up four interceptions and two forced fumbles, becoming the only ACC player to rank in the top 10 of both those categories.

Earning his second consecutive first-team All-ACC selection, Cockrell led the Blue Devils with 12 pass breakups and snagged three interceptions and 36 tackles during the regular season.

On his way to a program-record 88 receptions, Crowder caught seven touchdowns and racked up 1,131 receiving yards. He is just 18 yards short of setting Duke's single-season receiving yards record. Returning two punts for touchdowns, Crowder was the only player to earn All-ACC honors at multiple positions.

With 11 selections on the All-ACC first, second and third teams, the Blue Devils ranked second in the conference behind No. 1 Florida State. Duke's opponent in this weekend's ACC championship game, the Seminoles racked up 17 selections, including seven to the All-ACC first team.

Share and discuss “Duke football earns 11 All-ACC selections” on social media.