Lisker steps in temporarily for Bynum as vice provost for DKU and China initiatives

Donna Lisker, currently the associate vice provost for undergraduate education, will be taking on the responsibilities of Nora Bynum, vice provost for Duke Kunshan University and China initiatives, while Bynum takes a personal leave of absence until February.

Bynum took on her current role in Fall 2012, after previously serving as associate vice provost for global strategy and programs.

“We all look forward to Dr. Bynum returning in February,” Lisker wrote in an email Monday. “She’s done a fantastic job and we will keep things moving along in her absence."

Lisker has worked with the Global Education Office for the past two years, first as director of their strategic planning process and then as vice-chair of the search committee that led to the hiring of Executive Director Amanda Kelso.

Donna Lisker is a skilled, experienced manager who knows how to get things done at Duke,” Michael Schoenfeld, vice president for public affairs and government relations wrote in an email Monday. “She will continue Dr. Bynum's excellent work and ensure that we do not lose any momentum.”

Among DKU’s current priorities are recruiting students and faculty and preparing for the start of academic programs in Fall 2014, Lisker noted.

I am fortunate that we have such a skilled group of people who have been working on DKU for a long time,” Lisker said. “I've been meeting with colleagues extensively, both in person at Duke and via conference call in China, and have been reading as much as I can. I will still be talking regularly to Dr. Bynum, who will help me set priorities.”

Share and discuss “Lisker steps in temporarily for Bynum as vice provost for DKU and China initiatives” on social media.