Homecoming attracts Dukies of all ages

Students danced the night away to live music at homecoming Friday night.

Krzyzewskiville and Wilson gym were transformed into a party venue for the President Brodhead's Homecoming Dance on Friday Evening. Current students, alumni, faculty and their guests enjoyed food, live music and dance performances by student groups such as Momentum and Dhamaka. The Chronicle's Sasha Zients talked to guest about their impressions of the annual event.

“I knew my friends who had graduated had decided to come back, so I decided to come to this event.” Clive Mudanda, sophomore

“I’ve never been and it’s my senior year, so I figured I’d check it out.” Christian Theuer, senior

“I think this is the best homecoming I’ve been to in terms of set up” Emma Achola, freshman.

“I have a lot of school spirit so it’s really nice to see so many people come out here to support the school so early on” Julia Kahky, freshman.

“I graduated in December and this is my first homecoming. I’m from India and I like Bhangra a lot, so this performance Dhamaka performance is great.” Ashank Gupta, Pratt '12

“This is great. The music is fantastic. I love it.” Frank Fang, first-year business student

“It’s going great. It’s really a good time. It seems like everyone from alumni to students to professors I’ve seen are having a great time.” Adam Gray, first-year

“I love the band. The band is awesome. That’s basically all I have to say.” Brandon Levy, senior

“This is a great opportunity for people to get out and for students and alumni to interact.” Kai Zhu, fifth year Ph.D. student in the Nicholas School

“It’s an awesome experience. You get to come and see generations of Duke students coming back. It’s just a great time. As a freshman, it’s just cool to be here and it feels like a great community.” Basil Seif, freshman.

“I love seeing the way everyone dresses up and seeing all the age groups mixing together.” Carol Shepard, wife of Robert Shepard, vice president of Alumni Affairs and Development

“I am fascinated to see that these students dance exactly like I did when I was their age, in 1981. Dancing never changes.” Bruce Merenbloom, husband of Iryna Merenbloomfinancial analyst at the graduate school

“It’s a lot of fun. I’m thrilled to be able to see a lot of old friends again and to spend some time with them and reminisce about days gone by” Sam Tasher, Trinity '09, Law '12

Share and discuss “Homecoming attracts Dukies of all ages” on social media.