Peyton and Eli Manning, other NFL players work out at Duke with David Cutcliffe

NFL stars Eli Manning and Wes Welker walk with Duke head coach David Cutcliffe outside the Yoh Football Center. Peyton Manning was close behind.

Before head coach David Cutcliffe came to Duke, he produced two of the NFL’s best quarterbacks: Peyton and Eli Manning.

And they’ve stayed close ever since—the Mannings have been working out at the Duke football facilities with a few of their respective teammates and some graduating Blue Devils. Cutcliffe was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Tennessee when Peyton was there from 1994-1997 and the head coach at Ole Miss when Eli was there from 2000-2003.

Peyton brought down Denver Bronco teammates Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker. Eli came with New York Giant wide receivers Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz and Louis Murphy.

Among the Blue Devils participating in the workouts was wide receiver Conner Vernon, who in June could be the first Duke player selected in the NFL Draft since 2004. Also taking part were safety Jordon Byas, long snapper Jackson Anderson, cornerback Tony Foster and wide receiver Desmond Scott. Former Blue Devil and current Cincinnati Bengal Vinny Rey was also present.

Check back tomorrow for more from the Mannings and Cutcliffe.

Share and discuss “Peyton and Eli Manning, other NFL players work out at Duke with David Cutcliffe” on social media.