Battle 4 Atlantis: Stanford Preview

Stanford (3-1)

The coach: Johnny Dawkins—The Duke legend played for Mike Krzyzewski from 1982-86 and then spent 10 seasons as an associate head coach at Duke. In four seasons at Stanford, he has yet to lead the Cardinal to the postseason.

The season so far: Sophomore point guard Chasson Randle and 6-foot-10 junior forward Dwight Powell have formed a strong inside-outside tandem for the Cardinal, combining to average 25.3 points, 12.1 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game.

Read more everything you need to know about Duke basketball in the Bahamas on our Battle 4 Atlantis page

Stanford has shot the ball poorly thus far, especially in a home loss to Belmont Sunday that saw them shoot just 31 percent from the floor and 2-for-19 from beyond the arc.

The player to watch: Andy Brown. The redshirt senior has seen limited action in three of four games thus far as he works his way back from the third ACL tear of his career—all in the same knee. But in just 45 minutes of play, the 6-foot-7 wing has scored 23 points, pulled down eight rebounds and amassed six steals. As his health returns, he could become a strong third option for Stanford.

Projected starting five: G Chasson Randle, G Aaron Bright, F Dwight Powell, F Josh Huestis, C Stefan Nastic

Road to the championship: The Cardinal must upset No. 13 Missouri in the first round and then beat the winner of No. 2 Louisville-Northern Iowa in the semifinals, prior to getting a chance against the other side of the bracket's winner.

Share and discuss “Battle 4 Atlantis: Stanford Preview” on social media.