Stuff to do—on campus

Go for a climb

Standing 210 feet tall and built in Collegiate Gothic style, Duke University Chapel is the tallest and most impressive edifice on campus. It serves as a spiritual home in the heart of campus, even while attracting travelers from miles around to gaze up at the tower or admire the stunning stained glass. A lucky few students have the opportunity to climb to the top of Duke Chapel. Not only is there a gorgeous view at the top, you’ll also get a great leg workout stepping up those 210 ft.

‘The Oasis’

Take your definition of ‘relaxation’ to the next level. As the name aptly explains, the Oasis is a sanctuary for students to take a break after a long day of school. Located in Bell Tower Dorm on East Campus, you can read, study, chat with your buddies while relaxing on fully automatic massage chairs. Take advantage of this resource when you can—The Oasis is only open for a limited time each day.

Flower power

Need a chill spot to hang out with friends? Look no further—the famed Sarah P. Duke Gardens is one of the most famous public gardens in the United States. With over 55 acres of well-maintained shrubbery and foliage, it attracts more than 300,000 visitors from all over the world annually. The Duke Gardens is also great for getting some homework done. After all, nothing beats studying in a scenic landscape.

Get your learning on

Stop studying in your dingy dorm room and head on over to the Link. Located on the lower level of Perkins Library, the Link is a hi-tech teaching and learning facility that has abundant study spaces, incredibly comfortable chairs, and a Service Desk for all your technological needs. And if you need any help on your homework, The Link is also an excellent spot to set up tutoring sessions with a TA.

Fine dining

Sometimes Marketplace food just doesn’t cut it. If that’s the case, check out the WaDuke (short for Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club). From the light lunch selections to its full five-course meals, every meal at WaDuke leaves you satisfied and craving for more. If you want to take your significant other or parents on a nice meal they won’t forget, the WaDuke is definitely the place to go.

Share and discuss “Stuff to do—on campus” on social media.