Postal services set to relocate

Duke will make changes to its postal operations in response to rules issued by United States Postal Service.

Later this month, the sale of postage and mailing supplies will move from the current Bryan Center location to the Duke Computer Store, according to a memo from Tim Walsh, vice president for finance. The move will increase the number of hours and days per week that postage and shipping supplies will be available for purchase. The existing Bryan Center post office location will remain available for sending mail and picking up packages.

Additionally, the East Campus post office location will be fortified with a self-service kiosk—open 24 hours—that will allow students to ship packages at any time and will be similar to the kiosks at most USPS locations. The existing East Campus operations will continue as normal, with the addition of the kiosk.

The relocation of services in the Bryan Center will free up space in the building, which will be useful when groups need the space there as a result of West Union renovations. During the coming academic year, the computer store will be consolidated with the textbook store on the lower level of the Bryan Center, and mailboxes will be moved into the current computer store location, freeing up additional space.

Share and discuss “Postal services set to relocate” on social media.